The Prospect of Howick Accommodation – Long Term
The Prospect of Howick has 12 self-contained rooms with shared bathroom and kitchen facilities. There are 7 x single rooms and 5 x double rooms. All rooms are furnished with a bed, bedside tables, wardrobe, cupboard, small fridge, kettle, TV and wall heater.
Single Room (Max 1 Person) POA
Double Room (Max 2 People) POA
- Laundry – Washing Machine and Dryer available $3 per load
- Cleaning – This can be made available upon request for an additional cost of $20.00 per room
- Linen, Bedding and Towels – This can be provided for an additional cost of $40.00 per week. It will be the tenant’s responsibility to launder and maintain and to cover any cost for damage, loss or replacement.
MOVE IN COST & PAYING RENT
Breakdown of Move in Costs – 3 weeks rent
- One week deposit
- One week bond
- One week rent in advance
Room Account – Your room account must be two weeks in advance at ALL times (1 week bond, 1 week rent in advance)
Paying Rent – The day you move in becomes your rent day. Eg. Move in on a Monday, your rent is due every Monday. Cash, Eftpos and Credit Card payment facilities are available at Reception although Automatic Payment is preferred.
Moving Out – We request two weeks notice be given prior to moving out. Your one week rent in advance can be used to credit your final weeks stay. One week bond will be held until a room inspection has been completed. Your Bond will be refunded to you within 3-5 Business days, provided that your room is clean, tidy, free of damage and your rent is up to date.
INCLUSIONS AND FACILITIES
Power, Water and Internet – Is available throughout accommodation and included in rent.
Furniture – Bed, bedside tables, wardrobe, cupboard, small fridge, TV and wall heater all included.
Kitchen, Dining, Lounge & Bathroom – All are communal and must be kept clean and tidy at all times. Kitchen has fridge and stove and is fully contained. Lounge and Dining have seating and TV available for your use. Bathrooms include shower, hand basin and toilet with separate toilets available.
Facilities – Laundry with washing machine and dryer available $3 per load. Vacuum cleaner, floor mop, ironing board and iron are available for your use. A Car Park is available on site, this is also a public car park, we hold no responsibility to any damage that may occur to your car whilst it is parked on site.
Security – Only residents are allowed upstairs to the rooms unless accompanied by a current resident. This is monitored by Reception along with CCTV which is monitored. A Manager is available 24/7 for emergencies.
WHAT HAPPENS NOW?
- Click on Application Form button, fill in and submit your application.
- Please ensure you read all Terms and Conditions – these are important!
- You will be informed of your acceptance by e-mail or phone
- Once you have been accepted, we required a deposit of one week to secure a room
- The deposit becomes non-refundable within two weeks of your arrival date
- All reservation details are e-mailed to you upon acceptance, please check these are correct.
MOVE IN DAY
- Please remember to bring – Photo ID (Drivers Licence or Passport)
- Payment – Two weeks payment is required (this is detailed above, and provided that a deposit has been received)
- Keys – 1 x Room Key will be provided per person, don’t lose these! If you do lose the key, you will be charged for a replacement.
- Tenancy Agreement – This needs to be completed and signed, this outlines the terms of your tenancy (minimum stay, emergency details, inclusions etc)
- Moving In – Please be aware, there are 2 flights of stairs, no lift.
- Welcome to The Prospect, please ask our friendly staff if there is anything you need or are unsure of.